Wednesday 8 March 2017

Journey of a Thousand Miles Takes a Sixteenth Step


(5/4/14)

 

Oh gosh, barely 10 days left!

 

Have I prepared enough? Is there anything I forgot to do?

 

I only have 355 to my name as I depart.

Assuming I use cash for food – I’ve budgeted €10/day which will give me a total of €210

That gives me a balance of €145 for short bus/train rides, entrance fees that can’t be charged to my credit card, etc.

 

Bank A holds €200 in case I need to withdraw cash.

 

Bank B holds €150, but this is probably for swiping (IF for some bizarre reason cc can’t be used) as the withdrawal charges are higher.

 

My Primary CC holds €1100 worth of credit (added with the cash advance I’ve put in to the account.

 

Secondary cc has €500 worth of credit.

 

Oh, and because I’ve put in the advance cash, the statement date changed and I won’t have to worry about making payments to my CC bank while I’m away. Take note of this if you’re travelling..make a list of things that have due dates. You don’t want to have to be dealing with those kind of things whilst you’re away. If you can, pay for it in advance, or arrange for a standing order payment with your bank, or something.

 

I have to go to my CC provider to get my internet banking sorted out, and also to request for my 6-digit pin.

 

I think I have more than enough in terms of spending money. Especially if the tourist attractions can be paid for using my cc, I’m hoping I won’t have to withdraw the cash at all.

 

I’ve successfully (or so I think) packed my bag (save for undergarments, which I’m still using).

Some toiletries will go into the day-bag because: At the stopover in Dubai (short 2 hours transit), I might want to freshen up – brush teeth, wash face,..that kinda thing.

 

So here’s a list of things (and then some) that will be in my day bag:

-          Hoodie

-          Journal

-          Notebook

-          Novel

-          Pen

-          Flashlight

-          Flexi bottle

-          Travel docs

-          Wet & dry tissues

-          Contact lens solution and case

-          Toothbrush and toothpaste

-          Small towel

-          Facial cleanser

-          Face cream

-          Prayer clothes

-          Power bank, USB connector, and Plug

-          Wallet (a dud with things like student ID, a bit of cash)

 

 

 

In the money belt:

-          Passport

-          Cash

-          CC

-          ATM/Debit cards

-          ID’s

 

 

Oh, and I should probably list out things that I have to pack up last minute:

-          Sunglasses

-          Prescription glasses

-          Undergarments

-          Facial cleanser

-          Body wash

 

 

So tomorrow I’ve got a last meet with my friend, hope I haven’t forgotten anything major (though I’m pretty sure I’ve gone over things again and again, which will be very apparent when I actually get round to posting these up)

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment