Wednesday 8 March 2017

Journey of a Thousand Miles Takes A Cushioned Seventeenth Step


(7/4/14)

 
I know some would say this doesn't qualify as a "Step" and perhaps it just belongs as a normal post, but perhaps along the way I might mention something about this, so let me just begin here and now.

I’ve read tips packing, tips on dressing, on cutting down expenses. Not that my research has been very extensive, but one thing I read:

 

Buy insoles.

 

You know, that thing that you add to your shoe to give it that extra cush? Well, I put it off for quite a while. I was like, yeah, it makes sense that it makes the overall shoe experience better, and I will be on my feet an awful lot, but somehow no matter how many times I fingered the insoles at the pharmacies, I always ended up putting them back. No matter how many times I read of how it really helps the whole walking about chore turn into something much more enjoyable, I kept putting them down. I mean, I know the pair I was eyeing was cheap and all, but the other more expensive pairs didn’t seem that much thicker/cushier. How would it help? So I kept putting back the pair and leaving the pharmacy.

 

Until yesterday.

 

I made up my mind, I was buying insoles.

 

So I went to the pharmacy, bought the cheapest pair I could get my hands on, and I paid for it.

 

Got home, took them out….oh great, I have to cut them to size. How do I do that? I have a college degree!! Why can’t I figure this out?

 

I finally resorted to smooshing the insole into the shoe and finding the crease when it came off. A little snip, and there you go! In it went..

 

I tried on my shoes. Bear in mind, I had already worn the shoes in and about town, travelled to the city, gone running with those shoes.

 

But….

 

 

It made a hell-of-a difference!

 

 

My God….insoles are awesome…..so awesome..

 

And for someone who suffers from having flat feet (which means that I have a hard time “filling up “ a shoe because my feet aren’t thick enough. At least, not a standard thickness (err, I hope you get what I mean), this insole thing is awesome! It helps me fill up the otherwise gaping space between the tongue of the shoe and the top of my foot. But be forewarned, if you have thick feet, please buy a shoe with extra space to allow for n insole (if you want to take my plunge in comfort living and buy a pair of insoles)

 

Best part? It costs less than 2 Euros! Two! Less than!!

 

 

 

 

Awesomeeeeeeeee

No comments:

Post a Comment