Wednesday 8 March 2017

A Journey of a Thousand Miles Takes an Eleventh Waddle


(1/3/14)

 

Things that are sort of out of my hand:

o   In-case-of-emergency package to leave with relatives – can’t complete it until I have my travel insurance details and my finalized rough itinerary.

o   Get the d*mn cc from the bank (it’s approved, but I still haven’t received it)

o   Agree to and pay for the travel insurance (there are so many….)

o   Book first couple night’s accommodation in Paris

 

 

Things I could easily do; but I’m procrastinating:

o   Pack the bag

o   Write out my scribble book

o   Print out my itinerary – it’s not quite done…

 

Things that I have a date to do, just waiting for that date:

o   Deliver my car and in-case-of-emergency package.

o   Exchange money (as in, the cash I’ll be bringing with me)

 

 

I know I shouldn’t be too caught up in my itinerary, cuz that’ll make my whole trip a bit “fixed”…which is not what I want..but I’m kinda scared I’ll end up stuck somewhere with no hope of returning home…

 

Ok, that’s exaggerating. I’ll be fine. If I just pack up and go right now, I’ll still be fine. I have a rough idea of how I’ll be getting around, and what sort of places I would like to see. It’s only that Barcelona-Paris stretch that I’m not sure of. But I’ll figure it out.

 

Oh, and I’ll get to ride the train from my local city central to the airport. I’ve never been on that. Never had a reason to. I feel kinda sad that I have to go to the airport alone; no one sending me off…but, if I can’t handle getting to the airport myself, how am I going to fare for three weeks without anyone giving a rat’s ass about who I am and how I’m getting around. Hey wait a minute, no one really cares about that now. Tsk. I’ll be fine.

 

Anyway, apparently the train only takes about half an hour to the airport..and I’ll finally find out what the airport part of the city central is all about. I always wondered about that. I’ve always gone to the city central* to get to the malls and stuff, and I noticed there’s a part of it that looks like an airport; but the airport’s far away! So I just found out that for some flights, you can check-in at this place (your luggage too!) and then hop on to the train and get to the airport. It’s like an extended extension of the airport (ok, that probably doesn’t make sense).

 

The train is kinda pricey, but perhaps I can find a shuttle bus that’s cheaper. If not, I’ll at least have the experience of taking that train.

 

Ohhhhhh…I’ll have A LOT of experience taking trains….

 

 

 

 

·         The city central is the public transport hub for the city where I live. Local trains/subs/busses, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment