Wednesday 8 March 2017

Journey of a Thousand Miles Takes a Twentieth Step


(15/4/14)

 

The day is finally here!!

 

I’ve reduced my load by 1% (cut out the face towel and hair towel)

Haven’t decided on the cup noodles; they’re still tucked away on top of my bag.

 

I’ve done my web check-in, and to my horror my tablet couldn’t select the destination (I clicked on it, it refused to be selected), tried on my phone, it couldn’t even open to the page. Turned on my trusty old laptop, and had this displayed:

 

“Your reservation details have not been found”

 

 

Oh God :: Oh God :: Oh God :: Oh God :: Oh God :: Oh God :: Oh God :: Oh God :: Oh God :: Oh God :: Oh God :: Oh God :: Oh God :: Oh God :: Oh God :: Oh God :: Oh God :: Oh God :: Oh God :: Oh God ::

 

 

I quickly Googled the local airline booking phone number (the one I used to make the booking in the first place, but had neglected to save) and made a call. It turns out they put my first name as my last name and my dad’s name (I don’t have a surname) as my first name. Weird, ain’t it? But the fella said it’s how they do it for my type of Passport, and assured me I wouldn’t have troubles in my journey.

 

So Web-check-in I did, and later before I head for my car sitter’s place, I’ll have it printed out at the gas station, then I’ll have to be at the city central station at 10pm (my flight’s at 3:25am, but because I’ll be checking in at the city central, not at the airport).

 

I asked, and my luggage doesn’t come out at my connection point (Abu Dhabi). It’s only 2 hours, so I’ll have whatever I need in my daypack (in which I have discovered tears to the lining *tsk tsk* not even started the journey yet).

 

Also, there’s a 75USD penalty should I decide to change my return dates. As in, if I decide to stay longer in Europe (ehem….), I can check with the airline if there’s a later available date and pay the penalty. Well, who knows, 75USD doesn’t sound too bad (especially if I can find a means to fund my trip along the way….).

 

I also signed up for membership with the airline (it was freeeee!) so I can earn miles when I fly. Hehe, I haven’t even started this one and I’m already looking forward to my next one.

 

So, in thinking of my next trip, here’s stuff that I think I ought to buy:

1.       A good backpack. (I’m using a borrowed one for this trip; hopefully I won’t make it worse for wear) It would be good if I could find one of those where the daypack is detachable. $$$$

2.       A jacket (one of those with super amounts of pockets)

3.       A digital camera (I’m only using my Nokia Lumia 800 for this trip)

 

Well, there’s not much left to prepare.

 

All my bags are packed

I’m ready to go.

I’m still sitting here, waiting the hour.

Already I’m excited I could die….(but hopefully not)

 

 

The next time I’ll be posting I’ll either be on my trip, or more likely after I return (I only have that one phone with me..no other gadgets).

 

 

Safe journey, and many great adventures to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment