Wednesday 8 March 2017

A Journey of a Thousand Miles Begins with the First Step.


13/1/2014

Reasons why I am doing this trip, and why I’m doing it NOW:

1.       It’s been a lifelong dream from an invisible bucket list I have yet to write.

2.       I’ll be turning 26 this year and the Eurails are cheaper for Youths below the age of 26.

3.       I have a friend (a few) helping me out, supporting me, and giving me endless advice.

4.       My life has become mundane, repetitive, comfortable, and uneventful this past year.

5.       I miss my old outlook on life; I’ve forgotten the finer pleasures I so much took in my daily escapades in the past.

6.       I can somewhat afford to go without adding any (or much) debt to my name.

7.       I am healthy and strong enough; or at least getting myself in shape is not as hard as it will be in say, 7 years.

8.       I want to see the world, meet new people, get on an airplane, go on an incredible adventure.
9. I do not have any solid commitments yet (no family, no significant other, no house, no car...)

 

 

Reasons why I hadn’t gone before (as in, earlier):

1.       I had no idea how to start planning.

2.       I didn’t own a passport.

3.       Getting my baby passport would cause concern amongst people whose concern I do not want.

4.       I didn’t have the money.

5.       I was scared; of getting lost, of being scammed, attacked, and taken advantage of…

6.       I had just started my career.

7.       I couldn’t just take an extended time away from work.

8.       Unfamiliar toilets.

9.       Being where people might not understand me (language barriers)

10.   Dogs.

11.   Not knowing if I’ll have a place to sleep.

12.   Going bankrupt once the trip is over.

13.   Losing all that I’ve been working for all this while (career, savings, stability, paying off loans)

14.   I don’t have a backpack.

15.   No one I want to will go with me, and I don’t want to go with just anyone.

16.   I’m afraid of being alone.

 

What I’ve accomplished for my journey to his date (13/1/14):

1.       Getting my passport photo taken.

2.       Getting my passport (done on 27/12/13)

3.       Getting my flight tickets (done on 13/1/14)

No comments:

Post a Comment