Wednesday 8 March 2017

A Journey of a Thousand Miles Takes a Fifteenth Skip


(31/3/14)

 

The days is getting really near. I get butterflies every time I think of it.

 

So here’s what I’ve done so far:

Gotten a credit card (received, and used)

Booked accommodation for the first two night in Paris

Tried to pack my clothes (rolled and stuffed into ziplock bags)

Stuffed everything into the big backpack to see if everything’ll fit (so far so good!!)

 

 

This is what I still need to do:

REALLY pack (this’ll have to wait until the last minute)

Take out my simcard (I’ll either buy a European one, or just use my phone for wifi) to avoid roaming charges

Take off jewelry (especially the gold!)

Print out hostel reservation docs (…do I even need to?)

 

When I get there (to Paris), I have to:

Make my way to the hostel I’ve booked.

Find food (I’d probably be famished)

If I’m up for it, an afternoon stroll

 

 

 

Oooooh! And a friend of mine introduced me to airbnb

Check it out! It’s like a social site (sort of) where you can find people who host others in need for a place to crash. These are just people with extra space who sign up for it. The website verifies who you are and collects the payments upfront. The payment is only released after you check in. So if you’re unhappy or feel cheated (place is not where it was advertised to be, etc), you can complain to the site and they can hold the payment until issue is resolved (something like that).

You can also earn money if you invite people to join, and they can get discount vouchers for signing up.

 

I haven’t tried it out (have only signed up) so can’t give a review of that yet.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment