Tuesday 14 January 2014

Of cardboard magic

So I was returning from lunch and various errand runs, walking up the path to the elevator, when I see this group of kids. Their faces lit up when they saw me. I had never seen them before, and given the shady area where I live, became instantly suspicious.

One little girl, the biggest of them, said to me "Would you mind helping us out, we need to move this box to the elevator; but it's so hard... we'll help you hold your stuff for you if you'll help us"

I then only noticed they were guarding an oddly beaten down large cardboard box. I wondered what on earth would a group of children have in this box that would be of much importance that their parents couldn't help them bring it up. But then again, these kids didn't seem to be from the same family; just probably friends because they all lived there.

I didn't dare hand them my bags, afraid they would dash off with it..instead, I took a step nearer to the box and peered in.



Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!



Another kid pops out of the large box; surprising me, of course. The other kids started bursting out in laughter.


touché kids, touché.....


No comments:

Post a Comment