Sunday 19 January 2014

Not that sound.



 
 
 
I can feel that cloud coming again. I can taste the frosty air and the misty humidity setting. You don’t want to move yet you can't stay still. Everything feels heavy yet your head feels light. Everything is magnified, but at the same time it feels like at a distance.
I will not allow that cloud near me this time. It is not warranted. Both parties have not yet committed any acts warranting the coming of such a cloud. But I know it is here. Right in front of me. And I also know that inflicting self-pain has no power to push that cloud away; no matter how big the physical pain may be. But it helps. It helps to know that at least I am doing something instead of waiting..neverendlessly waiting.
Here is the test of nobility, of self-righteousness, of a pure heart. You do not fight with swords or daggers, you do not fight with flamethrowers or archers. All you have to do is choose whether to stand your ground, or turn heads and walk away.
 
If only that choice were as easy to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment