Wednesday 5 February 2014

We meet again..I am Mr. Jeffrey.

Remember the government agency? They've started calling again!
But there was one day coincidentally I had a guy friend nearby who I had told about the situation; so when I handed him the phone he knew what to do.

Him: Helo
Caller: Good morning, I'm calling from -agency-, is this Mr. Jeffrey?
Him: yes, I am Mr. Jeffrey. How can I help?
Caller: This is regarding your property at _______________. There has been a complaint of overgrown grass from your property. It's getting out of hand and we take this matter quite seriously, Mr. Jeffrey.
Him: Oh, but I didn't know about this!
Caller: Did you receive our complaint letter?
Him: Nope.
Caller: Ok, no worries. Here, take this number (gives number) as reference, and we will be resending the complaint immediately.
Him: Alright. Thank you.


No wonder I've been receiving texts from these 6-digit numbers about community complaints. Nothing about overgrown grass, though. All of it has been about uncollected garbage. Now it all makes sense (sort of). Thank you, friend. Now I must continue my crusade.


However, before that, they had called a few times and I had had some fun

Ring Ring

Me: [sings] Dominoes pizzaaaaaaaaaa 1-300-xxx-xxx
Caller: What the....*hangs up*



Ring Ring
Me: Na Na Na Na Na Batmaaaaaaaaaannnn
Caller: *hangs up*



Ring Ring
Me: [In office clerk tone/speed] Good morning, -the calling agency's name-
Caller: Hello, I'm calling from -agency-
Me: No, I'm from -agency-. Can I help you?
Caller: *hangs up*


Ring Ring
Me: Hello
Caller: hello, may I speak to Mr. Jeffrey?
Me: No
Caller: Why not?
Me: Cuz I'm Batmaaaaaannnnnnnnn
Caller: *hangs up*



Ring Ring

Me: Hello
Caller: Good evening
Me: Hi! Hello! Hello! Hi! Mm-hmm..Hi!
Caller: Hello, I'm calling from -agency-, may I speak to Mr. Jeffrey?
Me: He's bathing now. What is this regarding?
Caller: I'm from -agency-, I'll call back later.
Me: Is this regarding the overgrown grass?
Caller: ah yes!
Me: Oh, Mr. Jeffrey says he doesn't care about that.
Caller: Err..I'll call back..
Me: He say he no love grass. So he no care. He no care you. He care me only. Because I very beauty.
Caller: Thank you, but I'll call back..
Me: Me mistress very hot hot yum yum.... you don't....

*hangs up*


I honestly don't know how else to handle this. I've tried telling them nicely that I'm not harbouring any Mr. Jeffrey, but they just keep calling..

So be it. Let the calls come. I shall wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment