Friday 28 February 2014

Do not make promises in happiness, and do not take action in anger.


The worst part is that no one can, or will, understand. They ask “What is wrong?” as though it were one answer. Do I appear so weak to you that one mere catastrophe can knock me down? I am anything but weak. And you are foolish if you think that one reason suffices to warrant such a thing as being “upset”. Perhaps for you mere mortals, that might be the case. I may be mortal; but I am not mere.

If I show that I am strong than you assume that I can handle things on my own.

If I show how much I struggle then you assume that I have not progressed. That in all these moons I am still the one who cracks under such impediments.

 

Go off, then, live in your assumptions. That is all you will have.

No comments:

Post a Comment