Wednesday 26 February 2014

Empty Nest Syndrome


 

 

You taught me to love even when the love is not reciprocated.

You showed me that I have a light in me

One powerful enough to make the darkest of hearts just that much brighter.

You proved that I had a patience in me;

A persistence that I never knew I had.

You taught me what it meant to provide to those in need, even when they do not want

To be graceful even when hurt is looming all around you

To bring happiness even when there is none to be conjured.

You taught me to fight for a relationship

To keep fighting, even when there was option to quit.

You taught me the joys of being wanted by the most reluctant of hearts.

Now I look at you packing your suitcase

And I wonder if I’ve done enough for you

If I gave you enough

If you can sustain yourself when you are away from me

Was I enough?

Was I good enough?

Are you wise, strong, and respectable?

I know you are.

And your journey is not even a quarter way travelled.

You will continue to grow; I know you will.

No matter where you are,

No matter who you are with.

You will grow.

I have faith in you.

 

 

Yes, I have faith

In you.

No comments:

Post a Comment