Monday 30 September 2013

When silence becomes the default.

"Would you like to watch a movie with me?" – Too pushy.

"Hye." – Too simple. It'll just be dismissed.

"Would you still like to go out to dinner with me?" – Hmm..no distractions. What if we run out of things to talk about?

"I was wondering if you'd like to go out on a date with me." – Uggh..too formal.

"I've been thinking a lot about you lately" – About what?? Not as if you know each other anymore.

"I miss you" – Too needy.

"Heyyy babe….whaddup?" – WHAT THE HELLLLLLLLL……

"Helo" – Then what?

"So how's life?" – Too judgmental.

"How have you been lately?" – Then what?

"Are you dating anyone at the moment?" – Too personal.

"Are you happy?" – Answer comes: Yup. Then what??

"Watcha doin'?" – Then what??


 


 


 


 

In the end, nothing comes out but utter silence. Perhaps it really was for the best, then.

No comments:

Post a Comment