Friday 27 September 2013

Take a step back

    Somehow it seems to be working. The harder she tries, the more of her true self seeps out into open eyes. I just hope that the people who are in power of taking action choose to do so. My respect for them would dwindle if not.

    I cannot lie. It gave me joy to see the scarlet faces that immerged out of the ice cube just now. Faces rendered grotesque because of you. You. I'm glad I took a step back. Soon, you will self-destruct. Perhaps it might take longer than I care to please, but if I keep my head held high, soon enough you won't be able to keep up your façade. It irritates you, doesn't it, to see me happy despite your feeble attempts at putting me down? Well, that is self-control for you. I bear no interest in you. Therefore you may take whatever course you wish. But I know you will self-destruct. How long can you pretend to be something you are not?

    I'll bide my time. I'll keep my distance. But know that from afar, I am taking pleasure in your slow crumble and tumble. And above all, trust me, I will be there when you fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment