Friday 31 October 2014

When you awake at 6 in the morning.


Today’s breakfast was good. Was it that I woke up feeling fresh, not tired and haggard? Maybe it was the full kilometer I finally ran. Was it the sense of purpose I have suddenly developed?

 

 

Maybe, it was the warm ambience that greeted me as I entered. Perhaps it was the scent of coffee. Perhaps it was that face at the counter who gave me a taste of a past that I miss. Yes, it is the ambience. Even though I am tucked away, tapping to the sound of my never ending thoughts, I feel a strange sense of belonging here. No, I feel like I am there again. Those mornings I woke up with a sense of purpose. Tired, but that pull towards wanting to do something; I miss that. I miss having that pull of what I wanted. Not what society has deemed for me to want. How do I achieve what I want? I must first discover what it is. Then, and only then, can I work towards making it happen. But then, life comes in the way. There are responsibilities to uphold, bills to pay, friends to meet, relationships to upkeep,..then the next question comes: is it still even possible?

 

Impossible is the journey that I never begin.

 

Have I began mine? Yes. And this fine morning, in this wonderful new place I have discovered, I have made it move just a little bit more. Today is the day I set greater goals in motion. I will move forward. No, the path is not set in stone; but what is the fun of walking a straight road in which I absolutely know the outcome?

 

Will I be here again? Most definitely.

No comments:

Post a Comment