Tuesday 7 October 2014

I am stronger than that.

When I made that promise to be there for you, it was not a promise to you. It was a promise to myself. A vow. A vow I wish to uphold, which I will fight for. Fiercely. Did you think ignoring me and pushing me away will be enough to make me give up on you? Exile has always been my life. To be shunned by those I've loved, I feel no more pain to that. I chose you. I chose you for a reason. I will be strong for you until you can be strong for yourself. You were a gift to me, and this is what I can return to you. If it means that by the end of our fight, you never want to cross paths with me, that you ban the winds that ran by you to find their way to me, then so be it. You need me. Not anyone else. Me. If it means that you chase your dreams to spite me, to get away from me, then so it shall be. I know I will have fulfilled my right by you then. I will take my pain and sorrow and swallow them as I see you set forth on your lifelong bliss. That is how much you mean to me. Cut me off, push me away, curse at my very existence. I have never been wanted where I've been. That pain is numb to me. But at least, at the very least, I would know that you have what you wanted. Knowing that you got to where you wanted to be, that shall suffice for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment