Thursday 23 October 2014

It took that long.


Me: There’s a lai in the fridge.

Him: A lie? *puzzled look*

Me: Yea!! D*mn big lai. I was so excited when I saw it. I put it in the fridge.

Him: You put a lie in the fridge?

Me: Of course! Lais are best served cold.

Him: Isn’t that revenge? (Revenge is a dish best served cold)

Me: No. I just like my lais cold.

Him: What sort of person likes lies?

Me: But it’s so sweet!

Him: Isn’t that revenge? (Revenge is sweet)

Me: What is it with you and Revenge? (the tv series about that girl whose family was torn apart because of some corporate scandal)

Him: Well, what is it with you and lies?

Me: I saw it at the market the other day. So I bought one.

Him: *sudden realization* Lie? Lai? Oooooohhhhh….the fruit?

Me: Well of course. What else would a lai be? *sudden realization*
 
 
 
In the end, the lai was left uneaten. May you be safe til we return to eat you.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment