Friday 6 June 2014

Don't you feel it?


So I was at the bank.

The room was full of three dozen other people, and I was waiting for my turn. I had been waiting for a good hour before that, and I was starting to get really restless. My turn was probably still quite a while away and I needed the restroom. But I didn’t want to risk missing my turn so I waited.

 

 

And waited.

 

 

 

 

And waited.

 

 

 

 

And waited.

 

 

 

 

Until finally! My turn came, and I was finally free to seek the restroom. So I did. It was out of the crowd and there was a quiet deserted corridor leading to it. A great contrast to the busy, packed room I had just exited. I’ll spare the details of what transpired in there since it doesn’t really matter to the story.

 

 

 

 

So anyway,

 

 

I was leaving the restroom when I realized there was something on my pant leg on my right calf…dust or cobweb or something. I bent down to brush it off, and being left-handed I used my left hand to brush the cobweb off and as I was bent down, somebody walked past me. Nothing out of the ordinary right?

 

 

Ordinarily, yes. Now, for some reason, it was at the precise moment that he walked past me that I was lifting up my head to correct my posture to an upright position. My face was tilted forward, whilst my left hand was disengaging from my right calf and I was half bending over trying to stand up.

 

 

Then I saw it.

 

 

 

 

It.

 

 

 

It.

 

 

 

 

It.

 

 

 

 

IT

 

IT was protruding out of his zipper. Peeking at me saying hello. Nice to meet you.

 

 

 

 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

 

 

 

Now between me cross limbed about to stand up, surprised at being greeted by the head of …….ooohhhhhh *double facepalm*, and trying to stretch out my right hand trying to think of how to call out to the man, and trying to stand up, and trying to suppress my horror, and trying to stop him from walking into a room full of people, and trying to maintain my balance, and trying to think of how I should phrase this to the man (whom I did not know),….

 

 

 

I fell.

 

 

Not the dramatic, full of suspense, pain and agony kind of fall,….no. This was more like if you put a nice warm round muffin on a plate, then as you place it onto the table, it suddenly rolls off onto the table; now that was me. The rolled-over muffin.

 

I was mortified!

 

 

Falling. This act of falling was the subject of children at playgrounds, the idea of hopeless adolescent minds, the habits of apples onto scientists. Not me!

 

 

So this man, who had walked past me, had probably no notion of his contribution to my downfall, and on his side all he heard was the squeal of a helium-fed rabbit, and as he turns he sees the lady behind him had fallen. He probably thought I fainted or something. And as a respectable member of society he does what any reasonable person would do. It was a deserted corridor, as I had mentioned earlier. Except I had not fainted, and I certainly was not remaining on the floor for the ambience.

 

Anyway, this man, this glorious, wonderful, exuberant man, hurries to my side,

 

 

 

And squats down.        

 

 

Well, I was on the floor, in pure embarrassment and shame, and also very much disturbed by the little head that was peeking out just now….oh god…….he squat down,

 

 

 

 

And it protruded even more!!!!!!!

 

I was wailing on the floor, in agony not caused by my horrific fall, but rather at the sight that was set before me. I curled into a ball and started to wail. The man reached out for me, but in no universe did I want him touching me….no!!!!

 

I was at a loss for words, and covering my face with one hand, I pointed to his “display” with the other.

 

 

 

He ran into the restroom.

 

 

I got up, and re-entered the crowded room. I wonder sometimes, is it because I am me that these things must happen to me, or is it because I am me that I feel particularly anguished at these “events”. I was finally able to return home to try to erase what I had just seen. I couldn’t sleep until well after dawn the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment