Friday 6 June 2014

34

I am no archer. I do not set a target in the far distance, then shot the arrow and wait for it t hit target. There is no bulls-eye for me. For I am a boxer. I cannot stand still in one spot because it makes me vulnerable. I feel in danger by doing so. So I keep my guard up and throw in punches instead. It may take you only one arrow to make the kill, but mine will definitely take more than one punch. I know that. I know that I may get winded and this path takes up more energy from me. At the end, I will be battered and bruised. I know that. This is a conscious effort, not a foolish game I am playing. Perhaps you may take pride in the hands that remain clean, the graceful speed of the row cutting through the air as it reaches for the target. That is you. And I am me.

No comments:

Post a Comment