Sunday 30 March 2014

Love for craftwork and pretty things

There is a certain appeal for arts and crafts.
No, I am no artiste.
I cannot sketch great works of art worthy of being hung in a gallery.





But arts and crafts are something I have always been willing to spend time on.
If you left gift giving up to me, you'd end up with a handmade-something which I laboriously hunched over for hours and hours. Sometimes it'd be nice, sometimes it'll look like a three-year-old plowed through it.

Why do I still do it, then?





Well, you might be lucky enough to have people in your life willing to spend money on you.
I will be the one willing to spend my time, my thoughts, and try to show you how I think of you.
Each gift, was carefully thought of. As I crafted it, I had you in mind.

Whether it is a hand-written note
Or a hand-made bookmark
Or a birthday sash
Or a doodle


For those moments I spent labouring over them, I had you in mind.

Money I can earn, I can replace

But the time I spent crafting away my pieces of memories; those are forever spent to your name.

And I regret none of it.

 
 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment