Tuesday 4 March 2014

In less than a few minutes.


It was yet another mee*yawn*ting. I had stayed up late last night. I was sleepy, and hungry. Ughh..bad combo. I look at the board in front, the words were swimming like fish. Fish cooked in spicy gravy. There would be bits of chili in the gravy. And soy sauce. Yum. I found my foot stirring in circles like it was stirring the gravy. The carpet felt rough under my soles. I should’ve brought my socks. I was wearing red socks earlier. I should’ve brought them with me. Now I am sock-less in this rough carpeted room. I looked down at the sheaf of papers in front of me. My pen emits a blueberry scent. Later maybe we’ll have cake. With icing. Yum. Oh now my tummy grumbles..

 

The lady in front was saying something, then I heard my name. Oh shoot! I had to say something. Quick, brain! Open your mouth and garble! Garble garble garble. Ok done. Hmm..I wonder if I’ll have room for dessert. What did everyone else bring? Would my mincemeat be enough for everyone? Will they even eat it? I wonder if I should reheat it later. I’ll haveto change the Tupperware first then, if I want to reheat it. I already ruined one of the triplets by putting it in the microwave. The lid just cracked open. It couldn’t adjust to the rapid temperature change. Hullo! Here’s something smooth on the carpet. I wonder what it is…what could be under the table during a meeting like this? I hope the meat doesn’t go too soft and smooth. Mincemeat is always nicer if it’s just a bit chunky.

 

Oh, what are we doing now? I look at the board. I see everyone is scribbling. I should do that. Scribble scribble scribble. Eh? They’re still scribbling. Never mind. I’ll just hang tight. Ok, this is awkward. Scribble scribble scribble. Now that feels better. Ah! There’s that thing again. It’s smooth; perhaps it’s a bag. I wonder whose bag it could be. Feels like leather. Faux leather. I stretch out my toes..let’s see how big it is. Maybe it’s the box-type bags, or the thinner bags you could pinch. I could try to pinch it with my toes.
*Pinch.*
 

Oh God, it just ran away. The bag just ran away.

 

 

What the hellllll?

 

Was it like, some giant lizard? How big could it be? It felt pretty big. Oh God, if anyone else sees it they’ll have a fit. Chaos will break out. People will be on the tables screaming and begging for their lives to be spared. I’d have to be the hero and catch it. But what shall I use? Perhaps I could cup the dustbin over it. Suddenly I see a pair of eyes shoot their vision towards me. Then it hit me.

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

It was my colleague’s foot.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment