Saturday 22 March 2014

Random IV (I think)

She gave me a seat in a crowded train. I gave her a card saying thank you. I think she's easily the happiest card receiver I've encountered so far. It made my day. I hope I made hers.


********************


The restaurant people remembered me. Always the same order, same specs. They remembered a couple of weeks ago I gave the cashier a card. She was happy to receive it. She told everybody. I gave another to the drinks maker. Then the big boss asked about it and I gave him one. As I was walking away with my food, the cooks called out "Come back! Come back! That's not your order!" Apparently they saw me walking by and they wondered how could I leave when my order was still in their woks. The big boss apologised profusely for the confusion.


**********************


They existed and managed well before me, and they shall continue and move on without me.


**********************


My body smells weird when it sweats. Not the normal people BO..a weird kind of smell. Why??????


**********************


Words are just sounds that we make that coincidentally make the same meaning to the people we are making the sounds to. Yet it is still bizarre how a dialect can be made up of mostly sounds, and that the sounds itself have no definition. If it were translated in a movie, it would look something like this:

(Sound of disappointment + irritation)

(Sound of surprise + disbelief)

(Sound of irritation + regret)

Do you get it?


***********************


The new 300 movie Rise of an Empire was unsatisfactory. Not bad, but unsatisfactory. The first one was full of manliness, war tactics, excellent fight scenes, slight glimpses into characters that was just enough to give you a story line without making things confusing. This new one is more of filling the gaps in the storyline of the first movie, and it involved a lot of narrative retelling. Not the best path chosen, though. The fight scenes was purely blood and gore, and the last run on the horse remind me of my brother's Temple Run.

But at least I watched it.


***********************

No comments:

Post a Comment