Tuesday 11 November 2014

The Return of A.


 

 

I feel her presence; lurking in the corner. I knew she was gone, but it had to be her. I know her scent; her stench. It fills a room no matter how large, in just a few seconds. And it stays, lingering, for long after she was supposed to have left.

I knew she was gone.

I never wanted her back. I missed her; meaning that I felt that her presence wasn’t there. We were childhood “buddies” if one could call such a thing a “buddy”. We grew up together. I never knew a time without her.

Then she was gone.

It took a while for me to realize it, or rather, to feel her being “gone”. I worried, I feared, I wondered: what happened to her? What really happened? How could she just be “gone”?

 

 

 

 

Until she returned.

 

At first it was just glimpses at the corner of my eye. Then more and more evidence popped up here and there. Today I saw her. Felt her. She has returned.

 

 

 

And now, I wish she were gone again. But it won’t be as easy this time, will it?

No comments:

Post a Comment