Tuesday 4 November 2014

If not for the big chunk

They were scattered all over the floor, as though someone had biscuit diarrhoea and couldn't hold it in much longer. But it was a cream sandwich biscuit.

*tsk tsk*

She was used to seeing this. After years of teaching the little ones, seeing scattered crumbs was a relief. It could be actual diarrhoea sometimes. That was unpleasant.

But she wasn't where the little ones dwelled. All adults here. Didn't they have the decency to pick up after themselves?


He trotted out... bound for the bacon, he must be.

"Look, who did that?" she asks.

"Not me! I haven't been out" he responds,

"Well, it made me think of you when I saw it" she says to him, munching at her lunch.

"What? I wouldn't do that! Or at least, I wouldn't leave it that way" he retorts.

"Well maybe that was why it reminded me of you. Because I knew it would bother you"

"You know what? I'm going to pick it up" he says.



She was surprised. She didn't think he would go to that kind of trouble.



"Yes, you would think that at least they would've picked up the big piece" she says, as he chucks a chunk of broken biscuit into the bin.



"Oh yes, the big chunk" he muses, as he turns back to the biscuit-rastrophe.





What did he pick up just now?????

No comments:

Post a Comment