Monday 7 October 2013

Motivations

There was a time when life wasn't so complicated. Things were hard, and everything had to be calculated. Every action had immediate consequences, and you had to deal with them almost immediately as well.

I asked them what motivates them in life, what makes them get up on those bad days where life doesn't seem worth living. They said handsome actors on tv shows, friends greeting them along the way, or the smell of dinner being cooked downstairs. I said: it's easier to tell people what motivates you when life is hard rather than to tell people what motivates you when life is easy. When things are going great, you assume that you just keep moving forward. But are you?

I guess for quite a while I was deceiving myself. I thought all the great things were going for me, and therefore I was moving forward. Now I'm not so sure. Perhaps many aspects needs to be re-evaluated.

No comments:

Post a Comment