Saturday 12 October 2013

…and she handed me a handful.

Dreams are weird. They have to be. Otherwise, you wouldn't know that it was a dream. Sometimes, you are relieved to realize that you are in a dream. Other times, you are grateful that the horrors you are facing will come to an end when you wake up. Sometimes, you just enjoy the ride having full faith that you will indeed open your eyes and it will all have just been a dream.


 

I was glad I had that dream. It was bizarre, slightly repulsive, decidedly disgusting and definitely awkward. But I went with it. Why? Because it was with you. Not that I have any wish for that particular dream to come true, but for the most part, I liked where we were headed. And I liked the extension of reality that came forward. But seriously, it was damn awkward. I'd complain, but I also must say it felt good. It felt good to see you, to know that it was part of some bizarre dream, to know that at least there we were together. And that your mother approved. Ok, that was the awkward part. Also the part where my mum had her own grocery store.


 

I keep replaying various scenes in my head. I like that. I like that I remembered what the dream was, I liked how it ended, and I liked that I was a part of it. Today was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment