Sunday 7 July 2013

There are times when you lose a little.

"You Were Meant For Me"

I hear the clock, it's six a.m.
And anybody who knows me knows just how the bed loves me early in the morning. I don’t want to part with it. Sometimes, I let it get the best of me and then my day starts just that much later.
I feel so far from where I've been
I’m constantly reminded that distance is not just what the metric system tells us it is. Distance used to feel so great, now even being near brings no more meaning. They say that distance makes the heart grow fonder, but if that is true then explain why there is no fondness here.
I got my eggs I got my pancakes too
I got my maple syrup, everything but you.
I break the yolks, make a smiley face
We never really had maple syrup, being poor as church mice and all, but somehow it didn’t matter back then. The pancakes were the best. Burnt, sometimes, but they were still good. Now the special pan lays unused in my luggage bag above the cupboard. It’s useless now. Just useless.
I kinda like it in my brand new place
I wipe the spots off the mirror
Don't leave the keys in the door
Never put wet towels on the floor anymore
I don’t bother with all the papers and placings anymore; that feels good. I think back to that horrible monster that controlled everything, and I’m glad I’m away from that. I’m glad I don’t have to care so much now. But sometimes, just sometimes, it does feel good to have something to care about, especially when there is care given in return.

'cause

Dreams last so long
even after you're gone
I know you love me
And soon you will see
You were meant for me
And I was meant for you.
This part was with me since the days of yore when dinosaurs roamed the earth; at the beginning of time. It gives a nice soothing feel to life; especially on those medium-bad days when I need just a bit of encouragement.

I called my momma, she was out for a walk
Nope, never happened.
Consoled a cup of coffee but it didn't wanna talk
It makes me talk; and for as long as I’m talking, everything is going to be alright. It’s the silence that is most hurtful.
So I picked up a paper, it was more bad news
More hearts being broken or people being used
I can see the signs. They’re usually ugly, but they try hard to look pretty. And you always go back to those same people. Each time, you go back to those same people. It’s vile, that’s what it is.
Put on my coat in the pouring rain
I saw a movie it just wasn't the same
'Cause it was happy or I was sad
It made me miss you oh so bad 'cause
It was one of those cartoons that we always loved to watch. Except now I laugh; I remember I never laughed back in those days. Now I laugh, but there’s no one to hear. Ironic, isn’t it?

I go about my business, I'm doing fine
Besides what would I say if I had you on the line
Same old story, not much to say
It’s odd how having so much time pass should mean there’d be so much to say, but somehow that isn’t true. I’d just fall to silence now. There’s no more fight left in me. I think about you every day, but there’s just no more fight left in me. All that’s left is an empty shell that has nothing to say; not even and echo.
Hearts are broken, everyday.
Here’s where people need to understand, that just because it happens all the time; and by default implies that it is a “normal” part of life, doesn’t mean that the feelings that come together with it shouldn’t be felt. Those feelings are just as real and just as valid as those “normal” occurrings.
I brush my teeth and put the cap back on
I know you hate it when I leave the light on
I pick a book up. Turn the sheets down.
And then I take a deep breath and a good look around
Put on my pjs and hop into bed
I'm half alive but I feel mostly dead
I try and tell myself it'll be all right
I just shouldn't think anymore tonight 'cause

Yeah... You were meant for me and I was meant for you.



No comments:

Post a Comment