Saturday 20 July 2013

If I talk real slowly, if I try real hard....

I'm bullet-proof,
nothing to lose
fire away, fire away
ricochet, you take your aim
fire away, fire away


You know how the superheroes have the awesome ability to knock down the enemy with just a single shot, while the enemy needs like a gazillion bullets just to make the hero scared? Sometimes I wish I were bullet proof. I wish that no matter how you shoot I could just turn away and walk with victory music playing behind me. I wish that you’d always miss your shot and that no matter what you wouldn’t hit me.

I’ve always wondered about those who made those life changing choices. How do you decide that specific moment when you give up all that you have in search of something new? There are those who do it at 20, 40, even 70. I can’t get the courage to do so no matter how hard I try. If only I had nothing to lose. But if there were that guarantee, it wouldn’t really be the same now would it? We all take risks, no matter what we do.


So all I’m resorted to do is to let you fire away as much as you please. Hold down my fort hoping that the storm will pass, or that light will bring me to where I should be. Sometimes I wonder if the rainbow will ever come, I wonder if there is salvation for me and my extremities. I watch as some of those bullets ricochet across the linoleum and I watch as they make their mark on the wall I’ve worked so hard to build. Now here I am writing, as you fire away.

No comments:

Post a Comment