Wednesday 4 December 2019

That never was

The silence is deafening
Not a single word left
Each one
You've taken and hawked
For the value of nothing
For the wanting of nothing
For it never was

Harvested as you please
Left for dead when I don't appease
And there, tragically I stand
Waiting in the cold winds

For the price of being nothing
For the time of being with no one
For the moments of being unwanted
Never missed
Never yearned for
Always

Demolish the strength of my core
Shattered, crushed, broken, and torn
I thank you for this lesson
Of a non existent love
That never was

So listen to my cries
Pure of lies
That all you are
Is what never was
That never was

There will be nothing
To resurrect your existence
For the love that never was
Flies away no matter my endeavor

So I will not plead you to stay
Nor will I beg for a second thought
Nor will I force a new promise

No longer shall I offer my body
For my heart is rotten
But I am still standing
Unwavering
And for you I shall not bleed

No comments:

Post a Comment