Sunday 1 November 2015

we have come full circle.


The purpose is to learn. For me, beyond the learning there is the teaching. If I am no longer capable of learning then I am no longer worthy of teaching. There is nothing to impart. The learning process can be tough. It should be.

When your thirst for learning is as great as your need to breathe, then and only then, will greatness be achieved.

But the learning process can be tough.

Am I still capable of it? Yes. I am.

Here I am presented with proof of how little progression I have made in those terms. What can I make of it, but to move past and ensure that the lesson is indeed learnt. It pains me. I feel like it has weakened me. But remember, in that weakness, in that moment of gasping for air, I now find a renewed sense of determination. I can allow these petty bruises cripple me, or I can carry them with honour.

There was thrill in the ride, indeed there was.

Unfortunately, there’s not much of an opportunity for me to hop off this time.

I feel that gasping again. Suffocating. Vision impaired. Senses heightened. Panic setting in.

Help me, for I am weak.

Give me sustenance, provide me shelter, grace me comfort.

I can’t allow this cycle to control me. Yet it is.

Distract me.

Take me away.

Let me not astray.

 

 

 

If only, if only, the woodpecker sighs.

No comments:

Post a Comment