Sunday 22 March 2015

It's the little things...

As my eyes opened, I knew my "nap" was longer than I had intended; as all naps have been. I groggily staggered to my feet, shuffled my way to the washbasin, and brushed my teeth. It was bizarre that my nap had been in the dark. Had I turned off the lights? I was sure that when I dozed off it was to take a nap. One does not turn off the light for naps. Never mind, I continued to prepare for bed and fell asleep.

At 7am a rumbling awoke me, and I tried hard to chase it off. I wanted to go running later that evening, and if I woke up now I knew it just wasn't going to happen. But the rumbling grew and grew and finally I rolled out of bed to go out for breakfast. At 8am. If you told me a year ago that I would be doing this I'd write you off as being bats with a high dose of fruitcake. But there it was. I was going out to breakfast.

I reached out my hand to turn on the lights, but it was already switched on. But it wasn't.  The lights were dead. That explained things.


I knew where I was going to for breakfast. That much I really really knew. I even knew what I wanted to have. But look! A dish I haven't had in a long time. Before I knew it, my hand had reached for the bowl and was happily filling it up.

An order of drinks, and I happily ate away.

But I had a wish list. I came here to eat something else. Plus I was still hungry. Up fluttered my hand and asked the waiter for another plate of food. His face: you really want more food?

Do not judge me, human.

No comments:

Post a Comment