Wednesday 31 December 2014

This has not happened before.


So I hardly have interest in phones. Sorry. I just don’t. Anyhows, this is the tale of the prankster getting pranked.

 

 

Scene: After a group gathering at the office, me and two others were cleaning up.

 

Me: hey! Someone left their phone here.

Girl 1: Oh, that’s [male colleagues]’s phone. Keep it. Wait for him to ask for it.

Me: (thinking it would be funny to see him run around looking for his phone) Ok, I’ll keep it.

 

So I wait for hours and hours (ok, that’s a lie. It was an hour and a half) before finally going up to him, take out the phone, and wave it in his face. He just looks at me back. Me, thinking he was being egoistic and not wanting to admit he had left his belongings helter skelter, pocketed the phone back in front of him and walked away.

 

Girl 1: Did he take it?

Me: No! He just stared at me.

Girl 1: Don’t give it to him. Let him ask for it.

Me: Ok.

 

I walk past Girl 2 who looks at me.

 

Me: (thinking she knows what it’s about) He didn’t take it. He just acted like it wasn’t his!

Girl 2 snickers and goes to her desk.

 

I continue to work another couple of hours, then finally before going home, I stop by the person whose phone I am in possession of.

 

Me: I am going home. Are you sure you don’t want your phone?

Him: Yes. Go home. I don’t want it. It’s not mine.

Me: Fine. I’m going home. You won’t see me until next week (threatens)!

Him: I don’t care. Go!

 

 

I leave the office area, go to the washroom, wait about a minute and march back to the office.

 

(to boss) Me: He was going to let me leave with his phone! That is the extent he would go to keep up his big fat ego!

Boss: whose phone?

Me: His! (points to male colleague)

Him: It’s not mine. This is mine (takes out phone)

At this point, another colleague joins us and looks at the phone I have. I start to feel uneasy about the situation.

Male colleague 2: Hey, isn’t that [Girl 2]’s phone?

 

Him: She thinks it’s mine because I was sitting where it was left.

 

Me: (sudden realization) But [Girl 2] asked me if [male colleague] had claimed his phone! Why would she do that?

 

Boss then takes the phone from me and goes to Girl 2. Girl 2 takes it and giggles. Everybody laughs.

 

Upon exiting the office, the other fella who was with me when I pocketed the phone looks at me, laughing.

 

Fella: So now you know whose phone it is?

Me: Omg!! So you knew?

 

 

 

I am confused. Who pranked who? And who knew about it??

No comments:

Post a Comment