Saturday 12 April 2014

Have you learned from where you have been?


I’ve learned that colours are lots of fun

Even when they don’t match,

Especially when they don’t match.

 

I’ve learned that stickers can make people smile

Even when they’re older than smartphones

Especially the glittery and poofy ones

 

I’ve learned that notes aren’t silly things

They have magical powers to make someone’s day

And there’s no shame in writing or receiving one.

 

I’ve learned to choose my words carefully

But being frank has its virtues as well

And wisdom is finding the balance between the two

 

I’ve learned that arguing can be good

If you’re lucky you find a worthy opponent

But if it’s not, then it defines your character

 

I’ve learned what it means not to be mean.

But there’s such a thing as standing up for yourself

The trick is finding which is which.

No comments:

Post a Comment