Tuesday 10 December 2013

What makes you feel beautiful....

 
 
 
 
He said he didn't draw a fierce lion, for he did not want to scare me. But the lion will protect me nonetheless, because it is, after all, a lion.
 
 
 
 
 
He was a wild one; couldn't follow a set of instructions if his life depended on it.
 He rolled, tussled, and even chest bumped with the greater beasts. He’s fearless. He ran headfirst into any chance of facing danger. As powerful as a titan.
 
One day, we were looking through a book, and I asked him to read which part of the story told him about the picture. He looked up and asked if he could draw the lion in the book. I told him that no one was forcing him to; but if he wanted, he could draw me a nice lion and I should like that. I told him to write at the back that it was meant for me; I even gave him the spelling of my name in case he didn’t know.
9 year old boys usually scream and gag at the thought of doing that for the opposite gender. This one, just nodded his head and took down my name. The next time I saw him, he carefully unfolded his masterpiece and presented it to me.
*the heart, is melt*
It’s these small things that make a terrible day suddenly seem 10,000 times brighter. I was up to my eyes in mucous and coughing out all the disgusting things in the world short of a cat’s hairball, and was in no condition to be with the young beasts. But I felt a sense of duty towards them, and today, this lion made my day.
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment