Saturday 23 November 2013

A week’s worth of unloading.

I don't want to read

I don't want to eat

I don't want to sleep

I don't want to lie down.


 

I've spent the whole week crawling painfully into bed. Sick, sore throat, even completely losing my voice at some point. Just as I thought I'd gotten better, my body decides it's time to have a major case of the cramps. I haven't had cramps in months. And of all times for it to arrive, was at the spa. Thanks, anatomy. Thanks a lot.


 

On another note, I had fun this week. Not with the usual things I have fun with, but this time with a colleague. I drove her insane with my antics. Eventually, just seeing me smile would irritate her. But she couldn't help but smile too. She'd burst into a small laugh and that would irritate herself even more. I'd smile again. She'd start cursing at me. I'd smile again. Eventually our boss caught wind of our game and demanded to know what was going on. I insisted I was just smiling at her, and that she was getting pissed at me for it. My boss replied with "Well that's because you only smile when you've done something. Something that someone should be wary of." Thanks boss, glad to know you have such faith in me.


 

On yet another note, I spent four hours with animals. I like animals, but these were most undeniably animalistic. They did not recognize affection, did not respond to loving purrs, did not want any treats, all they wanted to do was get in the fighting cage and maul each other. I had no voice to prevent this, my body too tired to fight back, my mind not awake enough to think of an exit strategy. So I just stood there. In all my helplessness, I just stood there. She kept telling me all this is just temporary, that I needn't worry about it. What does that mean? That I don't have to care? Fine, then.


 

And then, of all things, my rice cooker had to break down. I hardly use it, but it was handy to have. Then they came and told me that one day "it just stopped working". Great. They asked for the warranty card (which I have no idea where I put). And now God knows no one's going to get that fixed. Perhaps one of them will buy a new one. Perhaps. They are the ones who use it regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment