Wednesday 13 November 2013

A new word has been created.


 

Toitle – Describes the moment when a harmless, foolish mistake has been made that you want to repair, but cannot (for whatever reason) so the only thing you can do is to look at another person and laugh. A helpless laugh. You know the mistake isn't that great, but it is irritating that you cannot fix things so all you can do is laugh.


 

I have been having many toitle moments lately. The only reason I can laugh about it is because in a way, I know it will end soon, but another terribleness will come right after. So all there is, is toitle. I wouldn't go so far as to say "out of the frying pan and into the boiling pot" because I know it won't harm me physically, and that I will survive this moment. Horrible as it may be, I will survive it.

No comments:

Post a Comment