Tuesday 4 June 2013

It's not true all the time, but it is right now.

If you don’t want to hear the sounds or can’t bear the light, go into your own room; not close the door of mine.
If you repeat what I said and add three words to my sentence, it does not show you are intelligent and in no way do I find it an enjoyable conversation. You may find that I abruptly stop my side of the “conversation”.
No, I do not consider it a by-the-way thing when you marry off your garbage to mine. I call it an intrusion.
Repeating a phrase you find funny might be funny to you, but it makes me think of you as an idiot.
Do not ask me a question that you do not want to hear the true answer to.
Do not ask me a question that there is only one answer to.
Unless you have some idea of how I am expected to answer your question, do not bother asking me.
Avoid asking me typical questions that you would ask anyone else. Go ask those idiots. You seem to fit in quite well with them.
Avoid asking me questions out of common courtesy. You either mean very little to me that I can’t be bothered to answer you, or I find you unintelligent enough to think of much more useful questions. Common courtesy doesn’t show you care. It shows you have common courtesy.
Unless you have been following my work life very closely, do not ask me of it. It is very exhausting to explain to people who don’t know. If I wanted to talk about it, I would bring it up. If I don’t it’s probably because I don’t feel like explaining things to you.
I spend most of my day talking. I am very much capable of talking. If you find me silent, it is definitely by choice. Unless you come armed with the right things to say or ask, be prepared for curt answers or snappish retorts. If you feel offended, it is because I aimed to offend you.
I am mean. It’s in my nature. It’s how I protect myself; it’s how I cover my wounds. Feel free to walk away. Many others have walked before you. It doesn’t make you unique.
It takes a long time for me to admit to myself that I am in trouble; that I need help. It takes me twice as long to admit it to another person. It means that I trust you. I don’t trust a lot of people.
I don’t trust a lot of people. I lie as easily as I lift my fingers. If I choose to tell you the truth it means something. If I lie to spare you your feelings, it means something.
It is one thing to use broken language when you know the “correct” language. It is a whole other thing to think you are too old to learn and continue using horrible language.
When I correct you it means you still matter to me. I don’t bother with people I have no concern with. If you respond with “oh, I didn’t know because I’m stupid” or “yeah, you’re so much smarter” I know you have stopped learning. You have lost value to me. Congratulations.
No, you do not understand how I feel. Especially not when I have only started half a sentence of my story.
When I was little I was terrified that someday I might end up injured or sick in a hospital, alone and no one with me. It still terrifies me, but I have found that there are worse things that one could go through.
I am just as human as you are. It takes a lot for me to hide that.
I don’t have to agree with you in order to like you.
Just because I agree with you doesn’t mean I like you.
When I get cold I enjoy watching the hairs of my arm stand up on end. I imagine them trying to catch “warm particles” and they bring them down to my arm to make it warm again.
Sometimes I don’t want to talk; I just want hugs and cuddles.
Sometimes I don’t want hugs and cuddles, I just want to punch and pinch you where it doesn’t hurt so much. I won’t hit so hard, but I still want to see you flinch because it comforts me to know that I’m not in pain alone.
Cuddles are super great when the person smells nice.
I found out the hard way that if you scratch yourself from the outside of clothes, it eventually causes you to bruise.
The hardest thing I still cannot bring myself to do is to voice an invitation, or that I would like to join you. It doesn’t mean I enjoy being excluded. I’d just rather deal with the hurt of missing out then being turned down. It means the world to me just to be asked.
Experiences mean more to me than material possessions.
I don’t enjoy playing with my phone. I find people who always have their noses glued to theirs to be shallow. People think too little as it is. Glancing at you having thoughtless conversations or playing mindless games or posting thoughtless pointless gibberish just proves my point.
If the conversation is “easy”, I don’t consider it worth having.
I no longer feel the need to be nice to everyone. That doesn’t mean I will go out of my way to be mean. But if I can, and you deserve it, I will.
Just because you like something, doesn’t mean you are good at it.
Life is more than just doing things you like. Unless you’re a hippie. I don’t consider you a responsible adult if you choose to do something you like in place of paying your own bills.
In every relationship, ask yourself, are you the leader, follower, or an equal? A lot of relationships fail because either one or both cannot agree on these roles. That’s why some relationships can only work when there is no bond.


No comments:

Post a Comment