Thursday 13 June 2013

Intelligence is a privilege, not a given.

Let me make this clear: you are in no position higher than mine. You do not, in any way, deserve higher rights than I do. Here, we are equals. Not to say that I consider you an equal human being, for you most certainly are not; but for the purpose of determining rights, we are equals. That being said, allow me to iterate that it is my right to occupy my space and it is your right to occupy yours. We do not disturb each other within their respective spaces, because that is the given right of privacy. In other words, what you do in you personal space is you business, and vice versa.

I understand now that the question at hand is the common space that we inadvertently share. It must be made clear here that I hardly use the facilities within those vicinities and I most certainly do not occupy that space in any period matter adjourning with you. You and your members of society do, however, spend ample time performing various activities of which I find of no importance to mention here, in that shared space. I have never raised objections to whatever time of day you spend there and to what purpose; though if I may, I would like to state that your sprawled limbs across the floor would repulse even starved vultures if they so happened to have the displeasure of witnessing such atrocities.

Back to the matter at hand, it has come to my attention that for reasons that are personal to you, you made a choice to spread your personal territory to this supposedly shared space. In doing so, you have convinced yourself that I should be considerate of these new needs of yours and that I should succumb to the fact that you do not wish to be disturbed by my personal habits; the ones in which I perform in my little domain. You close it off as though this small space is my only right and that in no way shall I intervene with your personal needs.


Explain to me how this is supposed to be fair? You have your designated space in which you chose to abandon, be it for whatever reasons; you are the one who chose to occupy this shared space. And for some reason, you believe that this personal choice of yours should be respected by me and that I need to change my habits to suit your personal preferences. For some reason, I cannot be given the choice of how I manage my personal space because you choose to abandon yours. Let me make this clear to you. Shout as loud as you like, and I will still do as I please until you speak to me as a fellow human. Until then, you are nothing but a yapping dog to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment