Saturday 13 April 2013

Our children. They are OUR children.


“How’s my brown baby doing?”

“He was a bit quiet”

“You have to remember to give him milk…”

“What do you mean?”

“He needs attention..you have to go to him and give him his milk. It has to be precisely at the same time, just the right amount, and the right temperature…..”

“I want them to be independent. Not incapable infants.” Papa grunts.

I saw my baby Cyclops rolling with his brother, they seemed happy without me.

I saw my baby alien with his smell-brother playing peek-a-boo.

I saw my ladies-in-waiting flanked together.

….and I saw Papa and his babies huddled in a corner playing with his magic mirror…
Independent you say? My babies are independent! It’s yours that utterly can’t function without you. 



Hmmmph silly Papa.

No comments:

Post a Comment