Monday 22 April 2013

Definitions: A journey.

I am represented by what clothes I put on.
I am represented by the color of my skin.
I am represented by where I choose to eat.
I am represented by what I can afford to have.
I am represented by who I speak to
And the words I choose to speak
And the tone of voice I use
And the language I am capable of.
I am represented by my titles.
I am represented by who I “belong” to
If I belong to anybody.
Or if I belong to nobody.
I am represented by how I spend my weekends.
I am represented by what I post online.
I am represented by what I say in public
What conversations I am capable of holding
What matters of the world I am knowledgeable of.
I am represented by where I live.
What car I drive.
I am represented by how I walk.


But if somebody knew all of the above about me, does that mean that they truly understand me?

No comments:

Post a Comment