Monday 21 June 2021

25

I had just been on a whirlwind adventure.
Jumped for joy and sung in glee
Fell in love and forgotten it
Eaten in pain and enjoyed it
Laughed and smiled
Danced and lived.
Oh, how I lived.

Maybe times have changed since
Maybe I have too
Maybe I am just ungrateful
Maybe I have forsaken or been forsaken
Tossed and thrown overboard
Picked up and trampled on
Bitten and chewed and spat out

They came and they took my paint brush first,
So I painted with crayons
Ridiculous it seemed, but somehow it made sense.
I melted the crayons by candles, and used my breath and fingers.
It worked, sort of
But even that they came and took away
So I sat with my pens but only black and blue I had
So be it
Let them shine through
But it's hard to shine
When you're black and blue

Again they came and snatched away
The pens I used to draw.
I scribbled about and found myself a pencil stub
Away I scratched and soon the stub was gone
What was bright and vibrant became dull and now gray.
To make things more they even shut the window from which brought light.
So in the dark I try to draw in my mind
But I guess it's been too many years
For I can no longer see within.

No comments:

Post a Comment