Thursday 10 October 2019

What troubles our minds


As I sat helplessly hearing his tears, unable to comfort him, unable to take away his pain and suffering; I told myself

“If He says the suffering ends, it will end with just (a figurative) a snap of His fingers”

Why do we insist on raising flowers, when weeds are the ones that grow through hardship, and thrive in the most unlikely situations. I closed my eyes as his cries intensified. Pain, discomfort, fear, enveloped him. I could only hold him close and tell him how much I love him.

As I carry him back to his cot, I whisper in his ear
“If He decides you heal, you will. In just an instance. You’ll be healed. But that, only if He decides so. We can only put in our efforts and prayers.”
To the moon and back, they say. Like no other love. But it is not I that has the power to give health. And death has been written long before I first held you in my arms. If He says it is, then it shall be.



No comments:

Post a Comment