Tuesday 26 January 2016

More than just yourself

Those dreams are of having a face to look into before I go to sleep at night. Hold it between the palms of my hands, feel the warmth, breathe in the scent that could only belong to that one person.

Those dreams are of stormy nights and no longer patting myself back to sleep. No more singing sleep songs to myself so the empty room doesn't feel so big. No more laying out the blanket and pretending it's warmth was not my own.

Those dreams are of buying groceries, carrying the bags in and packing away stuff you are not even sure how you'll use. But it's more than just you now. It's not just you.

Those dreams are no longer of what your next meal will be, rather of how well that other person ate.






I wonder if I have been good enough to be graced with such dreams coming true. Maybe if I tried just a little bit harder,..

No comments:

Post a Comment