Tuesday 26 January 2016

From where thou cometh?

Hair had to be washed today.

Hair was washed.

Washed hair had to be dried.

Towel-dried.

And thus the towel was wrapped around the head that housed the hair that was wet due to it being washed.

Bent down.
 twisted the towel once around the head.

Flipped the tail end of the towel up.





Wait.






Something was moving.



At my heel.



Half the girth of my pinky, and about half the length.


It was moving.


Light brown.


And did I mention it was moving?


Curled up, it was moving.




Sugar Hot Iced Tea.... it was moving!!




I squatted down.



Yup, it was still moving.



Where did it come from?

I unwrapped the white towel around my head and carefully inspected it to make sure there wasn't the rest of the party there.

Could it be caterpillar season?

It's been years since I've had to worry about that.

But it was a valid worry.

Those things could itch you well through a fortnight of Sundays.


I bent down again to make sure it was indeed moving.


Yes, it was.


Scanned the room to see where it could have possibly come from.

Couldn't figure it out.

It was now nestled into my floor mat.


How cute.

*grimaces*

I gingerly lift the mat out to the hall.

Throw it down.


Go back into the room

Try to locate the creature's origins.


Failed.


I suppose I'm lucky I don't hold a career that involves investigations.... wait.



Peek out to the thing.


It's still in the bath mat.


I say 'in' because it does not seem to have any personal means of getting 'out'.


I grab the small brush.


Brush. Brush.


Brush brush brush


Get out!!!




brush brush brush


Brush brush




Brush brush brush


Brush brush




Brush brush





Finally, it now lays on the cement floor.



I bring my floor mat in.



I feel itchy.

No comments:

Post a Comment