Tuesday 27 October 2015

Brave New World


No, it happens less and less often. Maybe it’s the environment I put myself in; but then again I’ve changed that. Then it must be me. Good. I can work on me.

 

I can answer for my actions.

I can atone for my sins.

I can learn from my mistakes.

 

 

But what is it that I did wrong? Do I lack the substance I so sure think that I have?

 

I can feel it. That decline in literacy, the loss in articulation, the demise of the wit I so treasured.

 

What is it that I did wrong?

 

How do I fix what I do not know how I have wronged?

 

Do I walk away? As I always have..wait, there was that punitive fight. I remember it. I remember that I did try that time. I just didn’t succeed.

Then how do I know whether or not to fight this time?

What am I fighting, anyhow?

 

I knew it. The worst enemies are the ones you cannot see. How do I fight when I do not know what I am fighting? How??

 

 

None of it makes sense.

 

Was it all my imagination? Or maybe it was reality. But the reality has changed.

 

It doesn’t matter, does it? I’ll still give up eventually. Tis not a fight you can win single handed-ly.

It’s horrible.

 

Missing what is right in front of you.

 

Maybe I should just walk away. Easier, isn’t it? Keep that box safely wrapped up and tucked away. Condemn it to what is certain.

 

Focus.

 

What are you here for?

 

 

Petty games and shenanigans?

 

 

Focus.

 

Have you not noticed that you are no longer where you started? And not in a good way, either. Pull yourself together. Is this really how you wish to see yourself? Spiralling downwards, and for what? the uncertainty and foolish hopes and dreams.

 

 

Are they really foolish?

 

 

Go with the flow. What are you rushing for? If you try to pluck your fruits before they ripen, ask not why they are not as sweet.

 

 

It’s horrible.

 

Missing what is right in front of you.

 

Tantalus.

 

 
Everybody belongs to everybody.
Of course you can have her. Everybody belongs to everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment