Thursday 29 October 2015

As broken, shattered, and ruptured as I am.


Am I better off not knowing? No. I’m glad I do now.

 

Time is a gift.

 

Each person in our lives, is a lesson. Either we are to learn from them, or we learn because of them. And as those people depart, whether or not it was on good terms, is because our lessons from them have ended. And vice versa. Sometimes the lesson is the pain we go through in our separation from them. Sometimes the lesson was in the time we had with them.

You’ll find there are those you thought you’d banished, yet a twist of fate brings them back to your door. Maybe there are lessons you have forgotten; and you need to revisit those memories with them in order to progress.

 

Progression.

 

We all make mistakes. Some of them, irreversible. The greater question is what have we made of those mistakes. They were necessary; have faith in that. Sometimes the lessons seem too heavy to endure, sometimes they feel unfair. “why is he  not tested as I?” Some say it is because he wouldn’t have been strong enough. One might also say that he has already learnt that lesson, or that it is not one he needs, or that he better learn it in in a different manner.

 

Would I be better had I never made mistakes? Would I be more worthy? Of what? If my life were any different, then I would be different. Could I be better? Of course. Everyone could. The greater question is am I on a path towards becoming a better person? Am I, right now, worthy of respect? Do I allow what I already am determine what I am in the future? Do I allow my past to determine what I am in the future? Have I allowed that past to dictate my current state of being?

 

 

 

 

Hope. I still have it.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment