Thursday 4 June 2015

It's not about not feeling..

I remember, not too long ago..when there was no "Happy". Think of a pot on the stove. That was how it felt. All the time. Sometimes you had just turned off the gas, sometimes you had just switched it on. No matter how good things were, all you could do was to switch off the heat; or maybe just turn it down. There just wasn't any "happy".


It wasn't because there wasn't reason, there were plenty. But maybe, just maybe... it was because the pot just couldn't move from that stove.


It boiled over, simmered, cold down, heated up,.... day in, day out. There just wasn't any "happy". So today, when I had to drag myself out of bed an hour after getting home from work, having to have woken up five hours earlier than I usually do before work; all in all being up for almost 24 hours with only an hour and a half's worth of sleep, drive 30 minutes away to find it impossible to park, clamber up through a maze of offices, then having to stand three hours in line with a grumbling stomach,



I had a surprise.



I could still find "happy".




"Happy" was there watching the siblings squabble and play together.
"Happy" was there pondering where all these people were getting themselves to.
"Happy" was there looking at people clucking their tongues away in discontentment and knowing I had no rush for the day.



But no, the pot wasn't gone.


It heated up as the people started to grow impatient.
It simmered as the girl in front kept pushing herself into my face no matter how I backed away.
It bubbled as this guy was obviously trying to cut ahead of me.



But "happy" was there.



"Happy" kept the pot from the boiling over. "Happy" watched over as the pot simmered and sizzled.





"Happy" was there.

No comments:

Post a Comment