Thursday 28 March 2013

When your strength is also your weakness


Mommy is trying, little baby dragons. Mommy is trying. She’d wipe away your tears and carry the burdens of the world for you, but she knows that will only make you weak. Mommy wants you to be strong. To face the world with wisdom and grace, to shine your lights into the darkest corners.

“Is he coming to visit us this week? I think he’ll come…I can feel it”

Tears well up in the mother’s eyes; her heart burst into a million pieces.

“No, I think he’ll be back next week. Not just to visit, but for good.”

Mama turns around to hide her throbbing veins and tear-stricken face. I wish I could take away all your pain, but I’m afraid I might add to your grief my little babies…

“Mother, I need help!!”

The one-eyed baby dragon has fallen into a ditch…he scrambles about with his brother laughing at the top of the mound…

“It’s just a ditch, climb out yourself. What do you expect me to do?”

“But brother pushed me in!”

“Oh for goodness’ sake. Ok, no fish heads for your brother tonight. Happy?”

“….but I didn’t push him!”

“Yes you did!”

“Mama!!”

Mama turns away, not because she doesn’t care, but because she knows the two brothers can work it out themselves. They are dragons after all, babies though they may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment