Friday 29 March 2013

The words left unspoken.

“I have to talk to you”

“But I have to go…I have a meeting. Later, ok?”

Mama’s eyes drops; but not as far as her heart sinks. Your children love you! Why are you ignoring this?
Mama waits patiently upstairs…tries to read a book, tries to write down some notes. But her heart is thumping  hard. She tries to swallow; there is a lump in her throat. Her cheeks are burning, eyes are welling with tears. She walks to the bathroom. Goes in. Locks the door. Turns on the water, sits down on the toilet. 

She breathes in 3 full breaths before allowing herself to sob quietly. Why doesn’t anyone understand my pain?

Mama clears her face off tears and calmly goes out. Papa is sitting by his usual seat. He looks up. Mama dries her hands and steals a glance at herself to make sure her tears don’t show.

“They’ve been planning surprises for you. Hoping you’d come and visit. Last week it was roaring like tigers. This week they just politely asked if you’d make time for them.”

“It’s sad, but at the same time it isn’t. They’re strong little dragons, mama. They just need a little guidance.”

“I don’t think I’m strong enough; smart enough, to guide them, papa. They need you.”

I need you.

Some words are best left unspoken, but some just need to be said.
Mama loves you, little baby dragons. Mama loves you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment