Monday 14 December 2015

He knows when you've been naughty, he knows when you are nice...

No, I do not teach for those who come in to class immediately loving me. Yes, they make teaching a pleasure, but they are not the reason I remain in the field. I remain for the mini-me's. Those who parents have no time for, teachers have no patience for, and no one else will give them the chance to be themselves. Their angry, vengeful, hateful selves and help them see that there is still value to their existence.

It is no pleasure at being questioned left and right, and not having the chance to speak up for yourself. As if their questions alone proved you inadequate. But then again, perhaps he has had that done to him time and again that he knows no better. I cannot change how he treats me, but I am in control of how I react.

Lord, grant me the wisdom to help this child you have so kindly placed in my path. Or perhaps, he will be the one to help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment