Tuesday 2 September 2014

Bruises all over.


Hi Princess,

I’m sorry I couldn’t be there with you today. Please wipe away those tears. You are stronger than that. That’s my daughter who refused to let me help when she first moved away to college. A tiny stick of a girl, hefting bags faster than soap boxes across conveyer belts. I had never seen you move so fast. I am proud of you. Remember that. I am proud that you are my daughter. No matter how hard things get, I know you’ll be fine. You’re a fighter. Look at you now. Look at the person you’ve become. Look at what you came from. Look at what you could have easily had handed to you, and look at what you chose to fight for. So many things you thought you would never be able to do, and yet there you are, doing it. Making it happen. No father could ask for more. I wouldn’t trade you for anyone in the world. Ever.

 

I love you Princess.

-Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment